Thursday, September 9, 2010

Causes of Childhood Obesity – Lifestyle Choices...

Moving from Outdoor Activities to Indoor Couch Potatoes
As a kid I was not allowed to stay in the house except when it was nasty outside. My brother and I were healthy trim because we were active.
When I finally got married and we had our son satellite was a household item for most. Today there are thousands upon thousands of TV channels available which keeps our children parked on their ever growing behinds rather than being outdoors being active.
My mother which was good for us as she wouldn’t let us watch TV during the day and only got about an hour in the evening before bed time. I think it was my grandmother’s choices that helped my mother become so big. I like to believe it’s why she wouldn’t let it to happen to us.
Where Are The Sounds Make
I like to walk for about 40 minutes a day to keep my heart ticking as it should. Not so long ago I’d see kids outside playing, like kids should. The parks were full of children sadly for the last few years it has been like all the kids moved away. The playgrounds are empty most of the time, how sad is that.
I’ve also noticed a lot of the children I see are overweight heading toward childhood obesity. They even hit puberty yet, what will their be like if they are allowed to continue putting on extra weight.
Back when we were kids we did not watch TV with breakfast.
Kid’s now get up in the morning and what’s the first thing they do? They turn on the TV and stare at it all the time they are eating a breakfast consisting of mostly sugar until it’s time to go to school. When they arrive home from school and what do they do? They sit infront of the computer and eat while they play mind numbing games until the supper is placed in front of them.
Sadly most parents are left scratch their head wondering why their children are overweight and on their way to becoming obese.
Excuses For Keeping Kids Indoors
I’ve listened to parents using excuses why their kids are over weight and quite often that’s just what they are, excuses.
Sadly too many parents use the computer to give themselves a break from parenting.
What Can We Do To Turn Child Obesity Around
First you must become active, both you and your kids.
When you’re tired, start moving something, it will help you increase your energy. It does work check it out for yourself.
I’m pretty sure you know that allowing kids to run around too close to bedtime will energize them and then can’t get sleep. The same thing works energize you and your kids at just about any time, so get up and start fighting obesity.

0 comments:

Post a Comment